Code Enforcement Provides additional health, safety, and welfare of the general public through the equal enforcement of all applicable codes and ordinances regulating public health, safety, and welfare, public works, business activities and consumer protection, building standards, land-use, or municipal affairs.
- Code Enforcement: Darrell Purchase
- Office: 864-438-5170
- Cell: 864-398-2158
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Properties must be kept clean.
- All exterior property and premises shall be free from any accumulation of rubbish.
- Make sure you know when your trash pickup day is and what your pickup requirements are. Have a question about Residential Garbage Collection? Click Here for more information.
Avoid Overgrown yards.
- All premises and exterior property shall be maintained free from weeds and plant growth in excess of 12 inches.
- Did you know that overgrown yards can encourage pests and unwanted critters into you and your neighbors’ yards?
- Help us avoid this by keeping your yard and exterior premises of your property cut and clean, particularly in warmer seasons when humidity and grass growth are abundant.
- Automotive vehicles without a current tag not parked or stored within a completely enclosed building or covered with a factory-made car cover are in violation.
- Help us avoid junk yards by keeping your secondary motor vehicles in a safe condition by protecting from the elements.
Working without a Permit or Business License
No building, sign, or other structure shall be erected, moved, added to, or structurally altered without a permit by the Building Official. No building or sign permit shall be issued unless a Certificate of Zoning Compliance has been issued by the Zoning Administrator.
The Town of Lyman has a step-by-step process to obtain a Permit/Business License approval. Staff are available Monday-Friday to help with any questions regarding your project.